A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

To Hold You Till Later: Two Photos and a Question

Other than my earlier post citing Marc Lynch, I haven't got much today. Much of the Mideast slows down in August, too. I won't do personal stuff here (I have a private blog for family, which isn't indexed by Google), but will give you a relaxing mountain view to hold you over.

And, for something a little different, a shot of a storm over the mountains, though the colors were much more dramatic in reality.

And finally, a question: Marc's humorous observation depended on everyone knowing what a 404 Error is, which I'm sure anyone familiar with the web does. But it made me wonder: what were errors 1 through 403?

Back to the Middle East tomorrow, if there's anything I have to say.

2 comments:

LJ Marczak said...

Arab blogs and some here are a-buzz with reports of a failed coup attempt in Qatar at the end of last month.

What I've heard is that it was nipped while still in the planning stages. Reportedly head of the army has been relieved.

Looking forward to a post on that.

Michael Collins Dunn said...

My comments on those stories appears in the next post. I thought they deserved caution and I'm still cautious, but I suppose I do need to acknowledge them, even if I'm on vacation.