A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Thursday, October 8, 2009

On the Goldstone Report

Except for remarks in passing about the Palestinian Authority's and Israel's wrangles over the Goldstone Report, I haven't expressed any opinions about the Goldstone Report. Why not?

Many of you are probably aware of the acronym RTFM in computer jargon, which stands for "Read the [censored] Manual!". Well, you see, the Goldsone Report is 452 pages long, and I have both a job and a blog, and I don't want to judge it based on somebody else's precis. And my leisure reading tends to be on non-Middle Eastern subjects. So I thought it might be useful, for those who want to argue the merits, pro or con, of the Goldstone Report: here it is. Have fun. I doubt if I'll have time to get to it soon, but I'm not going to denounce it or canonize it, either one, unread, or just based on the summaries.

1 comment:

ValeriusS. said...

There is an interesting comment to the Goldstone report in an Israeli blog:
http://samsonblinded.org/news/palestinians-undeterred-by-obama-13838
It shows that Palestinians are still very keen to cash in on this one-sided report.